1 (16.5 ounces) Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix, see shopping tip
2 tablespoons flour
1 (3.4 oz) package of instant chocolate fudge or chocolate dry pudding mix
1 cup buttermilk or fat-free sour cream
½ cup of warm water
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, I like Eggland’s Best eggs
2 egg whites
1 cup Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray with flour in it, see shopping tip below.
2. In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer, combine all the cake ingredients except the eggs and egg whites. Beat well.
3. Add the eggs and egg whites and mix well.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips
4. Pour the cake batter evenly into the coated Bundt pan.
5. Bake for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes and then carefully remove from pan.
6. Let cake cool completely and dust with powdered sugar.
Makes 16 slices (each serving, 1 slice)
for 1 slice
SmartPoints value : 7